Effective date: January 11, 2019
Betabox, Inc. (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the betaboxlearning.com website and any affiliated subdomains (hereinafter referred to as the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
- Service Service is the betaboxlearning.com website operated by Betabox, Inc.
- Personal Data Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Cookies Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or the instructions provided in any email we send.
We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so (“Location Data”). We use this data to provide features of our Service, to improve and customize our Service.
You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at any time by way of your device settings.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
Betabox, Inc. uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, Betabox, Inc. may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Betabox, Inc. may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Betabox, Inc.
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Policy on “Do Not Track” Signals under the California Online Protection Act (CalOPPA)
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), provide the Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
- Google Ads (AdWords) Google Ads (AdWords) remarketing service is provided by Google Inc.You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout – for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
- FacebookFacebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc.You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950 To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads, follow these instructions from Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioural Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, or opt-out using your mobile device settings.
For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
The payment processors we work with are:
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Betabox has developed its Services to be an enjoyable experience for users of all ages, including those under 13 (“Children” or “Child”). Please discuss this Policy with your Children so that they will better understand how to use the Services and the information they may be asked to provide when using the Services. Betabox believes that providing its visitors with accurate and adequate notice about the Services will inform choices and decisions about how to use the Services, and will better protect its users’ privacy. If you have any questions or comments about this Policy, please contact us using the contact information provided at the end of this section.
Notice of COPPA obligations
Betabox is committed to compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), a federal law designed to protect Children online. We take Children’s privacy seriously, and encourage parents to take an active role in protecting their Children’s privacy and online experience at all times. Except as otherwise outlined in this Policy, we do not collect personal information from users of the Services.
Services Directed to Children
Betabox Services contain content appropriate for a wide range of audiences, including Children. For a list of Services that Betabox treats as being directed to Children under COPPA, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collection and Use of Children’s Personal Information
Betabox may collect and store persistent identifiers (e.g., cookies, IP addresses, etc.) from Children without parental consent for the purpose of supporting the internal operations of the Service or as otherwise permitted under COPPA.
Betabox may collect and store other personal information about Children if this information is submitted by a Child with prior parental consent or by the parent or guardian of the Child. If a Service is directed to children under COPPA, we may ask users to verify their dates of birth before collecting any personal information from them. Those users that indicate they are Children are either blocked from the activity or taken through a parental consent process.
Betabox may collect and store the following types of personal information about a Child when submitted by a Child with prior parental consent or by the parent or guardian of the Child: first and/or last name, email address, parent’s or guardian’s name, and parent’s or guardian’s email address. Betabox may also collect the Child’s mailing address and/or telephone number when necessary to respond to an inquiry or fulfill a transaction, such as sending materials required to complete a Quest. Betabox may also collect demographic information about a Child such as the Child’s date of birth, gender, and other preferences and combine such information with the Child’s personal information.
When registering an account, we may collect a username and password from registrants for the purpose of saving that user’s Quest activities. Once collected, we may also use this information for our internal marketing and demographic studies so that we can improve the products and services we provide our visitors in order to better meet their needs, or as otherwise described in this Policy. Please note that we use aggregated (i.e., non-personal) information for analytics purposes.
Additionally, we are prohibited by COPPA from conditioning a Child’s participation in an activity – like contests – on the Child’s disclosure of more personal information than is reasonably necessary to participate in the activity. This means that if we don’t need a specific piece of information (like the Child’s phone number) to allow the Child to participate in a Quest, we simply won’t ask for it, even with parental consent.
Disclosure of Children’s Personal Information
We follow our standard policy outlined above for the disclosure of personal information collected from and about Children.
Content Generated by a Child
Certain activities on our websites allow children to create or manipulate content and save it on servers of 3rd party providers we work with. Our website in certain locations also allows for children to leave comments on pages that can be viewed by other users.
Such comments are held for moderation prior to posting by Betabox moderators. If the comment is approved for publication, the parent email address on file receives a notification.
A parent who has already given Betabox permission to collect and use his or her Child’s personal information can, at any time, do the following:
(1) review, correct, or delete the Child’s personal information; and/or
(2) discontinue further collection or use of the Child’s personal information.
To do so, please refer to the confirmation email provided to you when you gave consent or contact Betabox support. Please be sure to include your Child’s name and email address, your name and email address, and the name of the site on which your Child is registered. Alternatively, you may contact us at the address provided at the end of this policy statement.
By email: email@example.com
By phone number: 919-822-9795
By mail: 414 Fayetteville St. Raleigh, NC 27601 STE 400