💡 Topic Game Development
⛰️ Age Level
Amber Orange [Ages 10-14]
Black Diamond [Ages ~13+]
Jade Green [Ages 8-11]
Daily for One Week
Once Per Week for 5 Weeks
Animation & Design
Engineering & Robotics
⏲️ Session Time
Afternoon | 12:45pm - 3:45pm EST
Morning | 9am - noon EST
Do your kids love to play games online? Do you find them talking about about Friv, Minecraft, or CoolMathGames? In this eCamp, Betabox will
Do your kids love to play games online? Do you find them talking about about Friv, Minecraft, or CoolMathGames?
In this eCamp, Betabox will help kindle that interest in video games into a passion for programming. By using the coding language Python, your child will be able to quickly create their own playable games. These games can range from Space Invaders to Platformers to Snake or even Clicker Games!
⚙️ System Requirements
✔️ Windows | ✔️ Mac | ✔️ Chromebook
📦 What Do I Get?
By registering for this eCamp you will receive:
- A hands-on learning eCamp kit that is shipped to your house!
- Your access ticket for all 5 days of the eCamp.
- Access to all the eCamp learning content in your attendee’s myBetabox account. A great resource in case your attendee needs to skip a day or get some extra help.
👤 Who Is This For?
Perfect for learners that are just starting out with coding and game design and would like to see what it’s all about. We suggest that ages 8 -11 is a good range but you know your kid best!
This eCamp will take place on Zoom every Tuesday at 3:45 – 5:15 PM (EST) from December 8 – January 5.
Event Dates: 12/8, 12/15, 12/22, 12/29, 1/5
📝 What We’re Covering
- Day 1: Get a sense for Python by building you own text-based Choose-Your-Own-Adventure Game
- Day 2: Start learning about graphical games by building a space-shooter style game
- Days 3-5: Let your imagination run wild! As a class, we will work together to come up with a fun and exciting game to build as we finish out the course.
😃 Happiness Guarantee
If you aren’t satisfied with the Betabox eCamp experience, you can get a full refund by providing us feedback. Simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 7 days of eCamp conclusion with a detailed explanation of where you think we came up short, and we will return your full registration fee.
If you have any questions about this eCamp, click the blue chat button in the bottom right of your screen and we would be happy to help.
Reserve Your Spot
5 event days (12/8, 12/15, 12/22, 12/29, 1/5) on Tuesday afternoons from 3:45-5:15 PM
Tickets are not available for sale any more for this event!